I woke up this morning with the need to cook! The need to bake! So I went searching for what I was craving a Deliciously moist "healthy" slice.... and I came across this little gem the "Healthy Muesli Slice with Super Food Goodness" courtesy of another fab find of the day, blog "The Apple Diaries" check it out here it's a goodie.
pic: the apple diaries
So for all of you interested here is the recipe. I modied it a little with the addition of craisins and they where gooooooddddd.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pepita seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup roughly chopped Almonds
1/2 goji berries (I added craisins)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped dates
1/4 chia seeds
1/3 coconut oil
2/3 cup raw honey
- preheat oven to 160 degrees
- place oats, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, goji berries (craisins in my case), coconut, dates and chia seeds in a large bowl and mix through.
- lightly heat coconut oil in a saucepan until melted (about 30 secs or so), then remove from heat , add honey and stir through.
- add coconut oil and honey to dry mixture and fold through with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- line a baking tray with baking paper (I used a square baking tray but if you want a bit thinker you can always use a rectangle loaf tin) scrape mixture onto the tray, and pack tightly using a spatula.
- bake for around 20-25 mins but keep an eye on it and be very careful not to overcook.
once cooked, remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then place in the fridge to set.
- cut and serve in slices.
voila the end result - scrumcious.
So I hope you all enjoy and get to make this beautiful slice.....My little man,Oscar loves it, a great snack for the kidlets.
Enjoy! Would love to hear what you think.